- KOVET-L205 is a 15% silver filler metal for copper and copper alloys.
- The higher proportion of silver alloy will result in a fluid that is easier to control by operators and help ensure excellent conductivity.
- It is used with the torch furnace and induction brazing of OXY-FUEL processes.
- This brazing alloy is supplied as bare rod and primarily self-fluxing type, as such, additional flux is not required when applied to pure copper. It can also be used on copper to low zinc brass but this application requires the use of silver brazing flux.
- It is not recommended for brazing ferrous metals or copper alloys containing more than 10% nickel as the phosphorous compound will become brittle after reactions with iron or nickel.
- These brazing alloys are extensively used for joining copper tubing in the refrigeration, heavy motors, submersible pumps, transformers, carbide, switch gear, and air conditioning industries, as well as in other application.
Welding rod (for Silver Copper Phosphorus Brazing alloy) 15% Silver
Typical Mechanical Properties
Elongation / 5d (%)